Friday, May 4, 2012

Quote Bunk Bed

So in my new dorm room, I sleep on the bottom bunk, which means that I've got the top bunk hovering over me at all times. What does that mean? Lots of bumps and bruises on my head, yes. But, I've got this whole empty space to stare at, so I converted it into a quote board.

My roommate, Katie, gave me the idea. She suggested it within our first or second week of living together. I have this HUGE pile of multi-colored sticky notes. So a few weeks ago, I set to work and stuck 3 or 4 quotes up there. Over the past couple weeks, I've added more and more as I've thought of them or come across them. They're mostly inspirational quotes or quotes I like, all just randomly stuck above my head. I'm going to write them out here for you. (These are the ones that are up there now. I'll probably add more in the future.)

"There's no such thing as an ordinary human being." --Doctor Who

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, things aren't going to get better. It's not." --Dr. Seuss

"Once you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
--Sherlock Holmes

"You know what issue is with this world? Everyone wants a magical solution to their problems and everyone refuses to believe in magic." --Once Upon a Time

"Yea, verily, verily I say unto you, if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto Moroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever; yea, the devil would never have power over the hearts of the children of men." --Alma 48:17

"What's a story? When you were in school, did you read about the Civil War? Did you read about it perchance in a book? How is that any less real than any other book?"
"History books are based on history."
"And storybooks are based on what? Imagination? Where does that come from? It has to come from somewhere." --Once Upon a Time

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." --Dr. Seuss

"You have to kiss an awful lot of frogs before you find a prince."

"What's crazier than seeing and not believing?" --Once Upon a Time

"Everything stinks until it's finished." --Dr. Seuss

"Always do right. This will gratify some and astonish the rest." --Mark Twain

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting." --Dr. Who

"Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much." --Oscar Wilde

"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa. The bad things don't always spoil the good things and make them unimportant." --Doctor Who

"Do or do not, there is no try." --Star Wars

"Adam fell that men might be; and men are that they might have joy." --2 Nephi 2:25

"Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic."

"I don't know the key to success, but I know the key to failure is trying to please everybody." --Bill Cosby

1 comment:

  1. I totally love it! Very...um...for lack of a better word... inspirational ;)

    ReplyDelete