Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Smiley Faces and Ha's


This post is a shout out to my favorite little sister, Afton. As mentioned in my last post, I have a date for mormon prom. The plan was to go miniature golfing then to the prom. However, last night that changed. My friends and their dates lead a VERY long and VERY confusing conversation on Facebook about our plans. After almost two days, they finally came to a decision; a decision that had completely altered our original plans. However, by this time I had already told my date, Mario, our original plan. Luckily I had added him as a friend on Facebook, so I just sent him a message informing him of our completely new plan.
Later that night, I was on Facebook again and Mario started an instant message with me. He just had a few questions to ask about the new plan. I was on the downstairs computer and not my laptop so Afton and Mom decided they would read our conversation and tease me. Anyways, Afton decided to give me tips on how to not "sound too serious". Here's the conversation to the best of my memory.

ME: (instant message) "This whole thing is so confusing. I've been completely lost :P"
MARIO: (instant message) "Yeah I'm pretty confused too."
ME: (instant message) "At least you're not the one getting 53 messages per day and that's no exaggeration"
MARIO: (instant message) "Yeah, I'm not so fortunate"
AFTON: "You sound too serious"
ME: "I don't sound like anything, I'm typing."
AFTON: "You need to add LOL or a smiley face to the end of it!"
ME: "I added a face sticking it's tongue out right there" (see my first message)
AFTON: "Yeah, but that's... blah"
ME: "Oh my gosh, Aft!"
AFTON: "Respond!"
ME: "What am I supposed to say to 'I'm not so fortunate'?"
AFTON: "Put hahaha"
ME: (begins typing) "Hahahahahahaha--"
AFTON: "That's too many ha's! You sound retarded!"
ME: (retypes) "Hahaha!!!!!"
AFTON: "No! That's too many exclamations!"
ME: (instant message) "Hahaha!" (pauses then adds) ":)"

So, if you need an expert on how to talk to someone on instant messaging, just give Afton a call. :) ;) :D :P ;P XD Hahaha!

2 comments:

  1. How true that is! She IS the total expert! And you are pretty funny! I love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahahaha( was that too many ha has?...maybe I'm retarded too) :P
    I was laughing so hard when I read this post my family made me explain what in the world I was laughing at! Try explaining that one! :). You are too cute Kelsi and afty is quite the character!

    ReplyDelete